Choosing a reflector size is not an exact science, but there are some basic ideas to help you find the reflector that’s right for you.
- 10~14" reflectors are small and perfect for reflecting light in very small areas. These reflectors are ideal for macro photographers and are small enough to fit in a pocket or camera bag.
- 20~22" reflectors are perfect for filling in shadows for head shots and for reflecting light on small still life sets.
- 30~32" reflectors are very versatile. These reflectors are great for 1 person portraits and are still very easy to handle.
- 40~42" reflectors are our most popular size. These are large enough to photograph couples headshots, medium sized still-life sets, and more. These reflectors are still quite manageable and are ideal to use with the Westcott Illuminator Arm.
- 50~52" reflectors offer enough reflective coverage for 3/4 length to full-body portraits and small groups.
- 47" x 72" reflectors are perfect for full-length shots, larger groups, or reflecting light into a scene from a distance.